Your Team. Your Choice. Choose Salem Health.
Salem Health does more than provide high quality patient care. It is an organization that commits itself to empowering teams to create, innovate, and dream. We are looking for individuals who can challenge the status quo, raise the bar, and embrace change.
At Salem Health, we want trailblazers, self-starters, and creative thinkers to drive improvement in the health care arena where “patient-centered” is more than just words.
This job posting will be used to hire full-time CNAs for multiple units:
- Float Pool (Nights)
- General Surgery (Nights)
- ICU (Days)
- IMCU (Nights)
- Medical Surgical Oncology (Days/Nights)
- Medical Telemetry Unit (Nights)
- Medical Unit (Days/Nights)
- NTCU (Nights)
- Orthopedics (Nights)
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) at Salem Health provides patient care as directed by a Registered Nurse within the CNA’s prescribed scope of practice. The CNA communicates effectively with patients, visitors, staff and physicians and demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of the patient population they serve.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Recent experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Currently certified in the State of Oregon to practice as a CNA.
- Certified as an Acute Care CNA2 in the State of Oregon (If not certified as an Acute Care CNA2 at date of hire, must immediately enroll in Salem Health’s CNA2 training. Must obtain CNA2 at the end of this training or employment with Salem Health may result in separation.)
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
To create a convenient interview experience for candidates, Salem Health accepts Video Interview submissions for this recruitment! Qualified candidates will receive an email with instructions to complete a Video Interview. We highly encourage you to submit a video interview for prompt consideration.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is likely not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.