Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Facilities Administration Coordinator to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
The Facilities Administration Coordinator shall be knowledgeable and proficient in performance of all aspects of secretarial, reception, project coordination and clerical functions relating to the Building Operations & Management Department. This person will also coordinate smaller projects, or portions of projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Bachelor’s Degree or five (5) years equivalent job related experience required.
• Five years demonstrated successful experience in roles requiring logistical coordination and administrative support required.
• Experience supporting a project management or facilities environment preferred.
• One year healthcare experience is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
1. Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions and maintain performance under pressure while establishing job priorities.
2. Strong computer skills.
3. Requires self direction with the ability to exercise judgment in prioritization.
4. Must have strong interpersonal and human relation skills, including utilizing persuasion and relationship building to reach outcomes that benefit a larger group as a whole.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to work with a high degree of independence and to determine when to act independently and when to involve others in decisions.
7. Ability to work and communicate effectively with multiple levels of the organization.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Oversees all Facilities Administration including operations, construction, clinical engineering clerical and support functions. Coordinates daily activities of Facilities Director and supporting Managers.
• Composes and drafts a variety of documents, spreadsheets, presentations and organizational charts. Prepares reports, processes invoices for payment and places orders for supplies and services.
• Provides project support to various members of the project team:
• Compiling information
• Meeting documentation
• Meeting set up
• Scheduling resources
• Event Planning
• Administrative logistics
• Other support tasks as needed
• Completes work as part of a multi-functional team by researching issues, summarizing information and working with relevant stakeholders to make decisions and achieve desired ends effectively and efficiently.
• Interacts daily with Facilities Director and supporting Managers to assess situations/requests and act appropriately. Maintains a cheerful and helpful attitude while displaying good judgment in making decisions.
• Oversees the management of events such as meetings, receptions, celebrations and other functions related to projects.
Working Conditions Include:
Frequent keyboard operation.
Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc.
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.