Your Team. Your Choice. Choose Salem Health.
Salem Health does more than provide high quality patient care. It is an organization that commits itself to empowering teams to create, innovate, and dream. We are looking for individuals who can challenge the status quo, raise the bar, and embrace change.
At Salem Health, we want trailblazers, self-starters, and creative thinkers to drive improvement in the health care arena where “patient-centered” is more than just words.
The Operations Specialist I at Salem Health assists with maintaining programs and infrastructure to support all departmental functions. Manages incoming and outgoing communications for the department. The Operations Specialist I will be the first contact for all customers and provides attentive and excellent customer service at all times.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) months recent general office experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Ability to interact positively with others.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and tolerate frequent interruptions.
• Ability to delivery excellent customer service.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to relate positively and cooperatively with diverse populations and work as part of a team.
• Knowledgeable in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to organize, process, and maintain paper and electronic files.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Assist with department programs by providing primary reception services to staff and community; meets and greets visitors, answers phone calls, makes appointments, processes inquiries, relays messages accurately and timely to appropriate staff.
• Accurately processes orders, procures necessary equipment, supplies, and medications and relays important information to supervisor.
• Records phone, verbal, and written orders accurately. Add-on cases and elective cases are completely recorded in accordance with department policy.
• Records phone, verbal and written orders.
Working Conditions Include:
Frequent keyboard operation.
Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc.
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.