Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Registered Dietitian to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
The Registered Dietitian practices in accordance with the standards of care put forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and is responsible for timely and efficient delivery of all aspects of the nutrition care process, most notably nutrition assessment, care planning and education. Strives to provide an exceptional patient experience with every interaction. The Registered Dietitian is as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team, works closely providers, nursing, pharmacy and therapists to achieve patient satisfaction targets and desired clinical quality outcomes.
Demonstrates commitment to achieving organizational goals and actively engages in improvement efforts. The Registered Dietitian aligns daily work with quality, performance, patient, and staff satisfaction metrics.
Must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Completion of a didactic program in Dietetics required
• Completion of a supervised practice program or equivalent, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) required
• Experience providing medical nutrition therapy in an acute care hospital or facility preferred but not required.
• Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, or registration eligible.
• Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon, or be able to obtain licensure within six (6) months of hire.
Bilingual in Spanish skills preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Able to demonstrate understanding of current medical nutrition therapy standards for a variety of patient populations.
• Displays excellent customer services skills through creative problem solving and strong verbal communication skills.
• Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with others within the department / work unit as well as across disciplines.
• Must be able to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands and short time frames using good time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate flexibility with work schedule.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the patient's medical goals. Involve patient and family as appropriate.
• Evaluate, interpret, and monitor the nutritional status and nutritional needs of hospitalized patients and/or out patients using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
• Write orders for diet, supplement, enteral nutrition and laboratory data per hospital policy.
• Identify and provide age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of the patients and their families.
• Document in the electronic medical record in accordance with current standard work using International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology.
• Actively participate in interdisciplinary patient care rounds. Serve as a nutrition resource to patients, physicians, nurses, pharmacists and therapists. Coordinate dietary intervention with call center and nutrition supervisor when needed to optimize oral intake. Provide in-service education programs to medical, nursing, nutrition and other professional/technical staff when requested or needed.
• Attend work group huddles and participate in problem solving and process improvement activities as assigned. Serve on system and department work groups for process improvement, as requested.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
Working Conditions Include:
• Frequent sitting, moving about work area, & keyboard operation.
• Constant use of arms/wrist & manual dexterity (grasping/squeezing).
• Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.
Unscheduled staff are utilized in periods of increased patient care requirements or high census to provide acceptable staffing levels in addition to providing coverage during a regularly scheduled employee’s absence (sick leave, vacation, etc). This position is not benefits eligible.
Per Diem employees are required to work at least 400 hours per year, however, Salem Health cannot assure a set schedule or hours per week.