Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Dietetic Technician to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
The Dietetic Technician, Registered practices in accordance with the standards of care put forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and is responsible for timely and efficient delivery of all aspects of the nutrition care process, most notably nutrition assessment, care planning and education. Strives to provide an exceptional patient experience with every interaction. The Dietetic Technician, Registered is as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team, works closely providers, nursing, pharmacy and therapists to achieve patient satisfaction targets and desired clinical quality outcomes.
This position demonstrates commitment to achieving organizational goals and actively engages in improvement efforts. The Dietetic Technician, Registered aligns daily work with quality, performance, patient, and staff satisfaction metrics.
Must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Completion of an Associate degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Accredited Dietetic Technician Program. OR
• Completion of a Baccalaureate degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college/university, or foreign equivalent, and completion of a Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), and completion of a ACEND accredited Dietetic Technician supervised practice. OR
• Completion of a Baccalaureate degree granted by a US regionally accredited college/university, or foreign equivalent, and completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
• Experience providing medical nutrition therapy in an acute care hospital or facility preferred but not required.
• Dietetic Technician, Registered, through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, or eligible to obtain within six months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of current medical nutrition therapy standards for a variety of patient populations.
• Ability to use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge and support decision making.
• Display excellent customer services skills through creative problem solving and strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others within the department / work unit as well as across disciplines.
• Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands and short time frames using good time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate flexibility with work schedule.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Complete Nutrition Screening according to Nutrition Risk Monitor Criteria and Assessment Guidelines, communicate results of nutrition screening to Registered Dietitian (RD).
• Provide support to nutrition assessment, diagnosis, monitoring and support nutrition evaluation.
• Document in the electronic medical record in accordance with current standard work using International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology.
• Coordinate dietary intervention with call center and nutrition supervisor when needed to optimize oral intake.
Working Conditions Include:
• Constantly using arms/wrists and manual dexterity (grasping/squeezing).
• Frequently sitting, moving about the work area and keyboard operation.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.