Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Clerk III to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
In accordance with approved procedures and policies; effectively executes, supports, facilitates and creates efficiencies for Labor & Delivery. Provides assistance and customer service to the patients, families, staff and unit leaders in the Labor & Delivery while supporting the mission and values of Salem Health.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in office/clerical administration required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a medical environment preferred.
• Payroll experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Good clerical skills including computer terminal knowledge, typing speed of 40 wpm, correct spelling and grammar
• Previous experience in office/clerical administration required
• Medical Terminology preferred
• ProficientExpert level in the use of Windows based applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Core Job Functions Include:
• Checks time card daily and reconciles with staff schedule.
• Verifies authorization for overtime incurred, including end-of-shift overtime. Notifies Managers/ANM for any unauthorized overtime.
• Ensures shift work is charged to correct cost centers. Makes appropriate correction.
• Reconciles time card with staff schedule.
• Submits opportunities for improvement with the time & attendance policies to the Managers.
• Maintains integrity of the Laborworkx, schedule, and time management systems as it relates to data collection, data entry and information reporting including:
• - Collects and compiles data as requested: attendance, tardiness, overtime tracking
• Performs a wide variety of word processing and typing assignments including correspondence, reports, and forms as requested. Provides spreadsheet and graphical data entry, presenting information through various computer programs, including, but not limited to the following programs: EPIC, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Working Conditions Include:
Constant sitting, use of arms/wrist, & keyboard operation.
Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc.
No risk of exposure, does not physically see patients in center. Phone triage system.
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.