Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Food Preparer to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
Similar to a cooks position except a food preparer is more geared to cold production and prep for the next day, whereas a cooks primary function is to cook.
• To prepare and serve fresh, flavorful, and aesthetically pleasing foods to patients and customers
• To provide the expertise that will comply with, or continuously improve upon, the quality of the food and
production techniques used
• To bring a sense of pride to the quality of the foods prepared and the service provided
• To follow proper portioning, service techniques, and leftover utilization to insure cost effectiveness
• To clean as you go and continually monitor and comply with sanitation guidelines
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Minimum of six (6) months of previous experience in a commercial food establishment.
• Current Food Handlers Card required at date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Must be able to tolerate a hot, humid and fast paced environment
• Must be able to work well with others as a team to accomplish the tasks needed
• Must be motivated to keep your work area clean and sanitary
• Must be able to read temperature gauges, log those temperatures, and respond when they are
out of compliance.
• Must be neat and clean and comfortable working with the general public
• Must be willing to do whatever needs to be done (within reason) to accomplish the task
Core Job Functions Include:
• Wash dishes and kitchen utensils then return them to the production areas.
• Retrieve dishes from patient units.
• Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
• Monitor temperature on the equipment to ensure safe sanitation practices are being performed.
Working Conditions Include:
• Handle very fast paced high demand environment.
• Tolerate high temperatures and humidity.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.