**Sign-on Bonus Eligible!**
Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Epic Ambulatory Informatics Coordinator to join the team!
The Epic Ambulatory Informatics Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the design, development, validation, and updating of workflows and training materials. This position is also responsible for the ongoing coordination and analysis of training needs. The Epic Ambulatory Informatics Coordinator is responsible for mastering both the Epic application and the specific workflows of that application for the area they support. This position maintains a current and future state knowledge of Epic as it applies to the workflows of the areas it supports, allowing them to assist in workflow optimizing and increasing clinician efficiency.
Core Job Functions Include:
- Provides ongoing training to clinicians with diverse skill levels in EPIC to improve clinician’s efficiency and accuracy in using Epic.
- Provides training to clinicians with diverse skill levels in Epic with the ability to flex teaching style and content depending on the user’s needs.
- Provides rotational on-call support including triage and troubleshooting in collaboration with other members of IS as needed to find a solution to the issue or problem.
- Builds minor Epic enhancements including but not limited to smart tools and note templates.
- Rounds regularly with assigned business partner areas to provide needed support, minor enhancement opportunities, and to manage business relationships.
- Triages and regularly updates Service Now tickets including Requests, Incidents, Tasks, and Knowledge articles.
- Tests and validates Epic build for Epic Analysts as needed for system changes.
- Establishes feedback loop to identify and monitor customer experiences and needs.
- Develops written material for various user groups and high level audiences including formal presentations.
- Coordinates training logistics (courses, classrooms, registrations, timeframes, etc.) in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Facilitates super user ability to train and support end users.
- Participates in Lean and ITIL activities to reduce waste in work processes and independently checks own work for removal of waste.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or Health care preferred; OR eight years related work experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years IT, Healthcare, or related experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years Epic experience as an Analyst or Trainer required.
- Minimum of two (2) years direct patient care preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year professional training development and delivery experience required.
- Current certification or proficiency in at least one Epic module preferred.
Working Conditions Include:
- Frequent sitting.
- Constant repetitive use of arms/wrist, repetitive grasping/squeezing, & keyboard operation.
- Must be available to be on call 24x7 for specified periods of time and work alternate shifts as workload requires.
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.