Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Environmental Services Assistant to join our team!
Salem Health—an OHSU Partner—offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
Stocking and propelling service cart, vacuuming, mopping, dusting from floor to overhead, emptying trash, sanitizing restrooms, cleaning refrigerators and wheelchairs, and spot/damp wiping as needed. Following established cleaning procedures relating to Infection Control. Demonstrating proper use of equipment at all times so as not to endanger other staff and visitors. Stocking all areas of responsibility daily with paper goods, soap, chemicals, and reusable goods. Responding to calls regarding assigned area in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Minimum of six (6) months of previous Environmental Services experience OR a minimum of one (1) year of previous Customer Service experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Required to pass Salem Health physical capacities evaluation.
• Must be capable of learning to operate various types of equipment.
• Must be capable of prioritizing; ability to change direction to support changes in work flow.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be capable of making ethical decisions.
• Must be able to learn to operate various types of cleaning equipment.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to hold in confidence, any information which is confidential in nature.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Maintains areas at established quality, or above, per departmental policies.
• Performs assigned cycle cleaning and/or projects assigned by supervisor.
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment at all times so as not to endanger other staff and visitors. Proper use includes cleaning and maintaining equipment. Demonstrates safe work practices.
• Keeps supervisor informed of any deviations from scheduled routine.
• Follows established cleaning procedures relating to Infection Control.
• Responds to calls regarding assigned area in a timely manner.
• Observes Standard Precautions. Uses appropriate personal protective equipment.
• All areas of responsibility are stocked daily with paper goods, soap, chemicals, and reusable goods.
• Displays knowledge of, and follows correct procedure for Bed-Tracking system.
Working Conditions Include:
• Exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, unusual shifts, blood and body fluids, including other potentially infectious materials and SHARPS.
• Constant standing; moving about work area; walk-level surface; use of arms/wrists; manual dexterity
• Frequent lift & carry 1-50 pounds; push/pull (force) 1-50 pounds; bend/crouch; kneel/crawl; twist; reach above shoulders.
Additional Requirements Include:
• Pass drug testing for unauthorized substances, including marijuana.
• Be authorized to work in the United States
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.
Unscheduled staff are utilized in periods of increased patient care requirements or high census to provide acceptable staffing levels in addition to providing coverage during a regularly scheduled employee’s absence (sick leave, vacation, etc). This position is not benefits eligible.