The Physician Recruiter provides expert consultation, recruitment strategies, and specialty recruitment services across the Salem Health service area. Recruitment services include managing full-cycle recruitment services for employed physicians and advance practice providers as well as working across the community partnerships for community recruitment needs. This position works closely with the Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, and SHMG clinical leadership to ensure the “best fit” candidates are recruited and selected to meet patient demands. The position is the liaise with the MSO to ensure credentialing process moves forward in a timely manner and serves in a role to initiate foundational retention relationships for all employed providers to help ensure a positive work experience for the provider.
Core Job Functions Include:
1. Responsible for the full life cycle of recruitment activity that develops hiring strategies for the specialty and individual campaigns for physicians or advanced practice providers.
2. Develops a Talent Network for future hires as well as managing current demand and filling within the allotted fill time for each position.
3. Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner.
4. Determines quality and fit for the organization.
5. Administers the Salem Health Physician Assessment tool to candidates prior to onsite interview and prepare summaries for SHMG Leadership.
6. Provides education and/or conducts training to/for interview panel participants, as needed, to ensure they are appropriately prepped to conduct interviews, ensuring interviews are effective and meet legal standards.
7. Follows-up and obtains feedback from interviewers and candidates after interview to determine interest on all parties' behalf.
8. Determine job offer details in collaboration with hiring leaders, prepare and extend offers.
1. Launch the Medical Staff Office credentialing process and act as a primary liaison to ensure smooth and timely completion.
2. Acts as primary contact with all newly hired physicians in becoming acclimated to the community during their transition/relocation. Contacts new hires after 30 and 60 days to determine satisfaction with the process and assess opportunities for improvement.
1. Demonstrates ongoing and continually updated social media prowess and Search Engine Optimization expertise.
2. Manages agency spend and demonstrates fiscal accountability for any funds spent on external recruitment resources; including job postings, ad placements, third party placement fees, etc. Analyzes effectiveness of advertising and resources used and presents metrics trackers quarterly.
3. Stays current on regional and national physician hiring trends and practices; researches competitor's activities to keep informed of changes impacting Salem Health’s ability to hire and retain top physician talent. Provides input to improve physician-related processes.
4. Manages campus recruitment outreach to designated residency programs.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Bachelor’s degree required, with preference in healthcare, business, marketing, human resources, or related clinical field.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in healthcare recruitment, physician recruitment or executive level recruitment required.
• Previous experience developing relationship with physicians required.
• PHR certification preferred
• AIRS certified preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Service and team oriented.
• Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and ability to manage time effectively and efficiently while working independently.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities without missing deadlines.
• Uses interpersonal skills which convey a positive and supportive attitude (i.e. active listening, good communication, telephone etiquette).
• Presents professional image and represents Salem Health in a positive light to candidates and customers.
• Is dependable and uses sound judgment in consideration of providing excellent service and teamwork. Can be relied upon to carry out the job duties, meet deadlines, regularly attends work and arrives and leaves as scheduled, is on time for appointments, and meets or exceeds attendance standards.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of the healthcare market place required.
• Strong expertise in Microsoft products, including word, excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Flexible in work schedule and able to travel when required for Salem Health needs.
• Maintains working knowledge of US immigration/naturalization service pertaining to the practice for foreign-born applicants.
• Knowledge and ability to understand, interpret and communicate Stark, OIG, IRS and employment regulations as it pertains to provider recruitment and employment.
Working Conditions Include:
Frequent moving about work area.
Constant sitting, use of arms/wrist, & keyboard operation.
-Office-based with requirements for standing, sitting, moving about, carrying and minor lifting.
-Must have ability for keyboard operation, clear and audible speaking voice, correctable vision, ability to distinguish colors and shades, and ability to hear.
-Mobile with ability to drive to various campuses, outpatient clinics and sections of Salem Health, within the community and region to escort candidates.
-Willing and able to travel throughout the state and out of state for job fairs and recruitment events, including overnight trips (up to a week in length).
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.