Salem Health is currently seeking a talented MSW Care Manager to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
In collaboration with the RN Care Manager and Compliance and Revenue Team Care Manager provide clinically-based care management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient care. Responsible for the overall accountability for care coordination and discharge planning for patients within the assigned caseload. Takes lead on assessing patients for psychosocial and economic issues related to their health problems. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to identify appropriate utilization of resources and to support appropriate and safe discharges. Assists patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness; in coping with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability; in participating in restorative health programs; in carrying out discharge recommendations; and in addressing issues of terminality. Using a variety of treatment modalities, assists patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial, and emotional problems related to illness, health care, and rehabilitation.
All MSWs must apply to be registered with the State of Oregon within 30 days of hire into the position as either a:
-Licensed Master's Social Worker or
-Clinical Social Work Associate or
-Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
-Registration within one (1) year of hire into the position required.
Employee may not call her/himself a Social Worker until licensure/registration is obtained.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work required.
• Two (2) years of post graduate practice in a health care setting preferred.
• All MSWs must apply to be registered with the State of Oregon within 30 days of hire into the position as either a:
• Licensed Master's Social Worker or
• Clinical Social Work Associate or
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
• Registration within one (1) year of hire into the position required.
• Employee may not call her/himself a Social Worker until licensure/registration is obtained.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
-Ability to exercise independent judgment.
-Demonstrates creativity in the use of community based, insurance and financial resources to meet specific patient needs.
-Ability to relate with patients, families, co-workers, the multidisciplinary team and community agencies in a professional and sensitive manner.
-Communicate in a clear, concise, and logical manner in oral and written presentations.
-Computer skills to support documentation of patient care as well as case finding.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Completes an initial screen of all patients on admission utilizing specific criteria to identify needs related to utilization management and/or discharge planning and to identify patients in high risk categories. Partners care with RN CM based on patient need and professional judgment.
• Responsible for care coordination, utilization management and discharge planning for assigned patients.
• Collaborates with the patient/family and all members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate the care management and care coordination processes for the assigned careload.
• Provides emotional support, crisis intervention, and brief counseling to patients and families experiencing emotional distress, adjustment to illness and/or new diagnoses, end of life and changes in living situation.
Working Conditions Include:
Frequent standing, moving about work area, lift & carry 1-10 pounds, push/pull (force) 1-10 pounds, & walk-level surface.
Constant use of arms/wrist, manual dexterity (grasping/squeezing), & keyboard operation.
Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.