Salem Health is currently seeking a talented EPIC Analyst I to join our team!
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
Under the guidance of more senior Epic analysts, the Epic Analyst I supports and maintains the software involved in Epic workflows.
This role is responsible for the design, build, testing, validation, and ongoing support of the Epic module. Each individual must also be able to work to:
• Resolve systems issues in coordination with more senior analysts on the Clinical Application Services team
• Work closely with operational counterparts to ensure consistent business processing methods
• Provide expert and creative solutions to end-user requirements and problems
• Take the initiative to respond, research and resolve operational inquiries pertaining to Epic and Epic-integrated applications
• Participate in and drive positive and/or innovative changes across the organization
Minimum Qualifications Include:
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Computer Science, Education, or Healthcare-related field preferred
OR eight years related work experience
OR equivalent combination of education and experience where each year of education equates to two years of experience (four years of experience will be substituted for an associate's degree and eight years of experience will be substituted for a bachelor's degree)
• Minimum of one (1) years of Epic related experience required.
• Epic experience in Orders and Orders Transmittal preferred
• Previous experience in an acute care hospital or ambulatory clinic required.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification within six (6) months of date of hire, or moving into this position, required.
• Kaizen basics course within first year of employment. Base understanding of Lean preferred.
• Orders and Orders Transmittal Certification preferred
• EpicCare Inpatient Orders and Order Transmittal Certification required within 6 months of date of hire, or moving into this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Solid communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work in department and interdepartmentally to articulate ideas, negotiate resolution of issues, and achieve objectives.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other productivity tools, and assigned applications and technologies.
• Experience with IT Service Management tools preferred.
Core Job Functions Include:
• Work with various stakeholders, both internal/external, to understand the requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality clinical solutions. Involved in the full systems development lifecycle and responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, and approvals).
• Provide assistance on application design project deliverables
• May help to maintain documentation such as design documents, architecture and flow diagrams.
• Provide required business and/or technical support for both project and production related activities. Assure compliance to required standards and all necessary approvals have been obtained throughout the project lifecycle.
• Interfaces with stakeholders and project teams to drive value, return on investments and innovative solutions. This includes providing alternative solutions.
Working Conditions Include:
Constant use of arms/wrist, manual dexterity (grasping/squeezing), & keyboard operation.
Must be available to be on call 24x7 for specified periods of time and work alternate shifts as workload requires.
Nothing in this job description restricts Salem Health’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.